Less than a quarter of under 25s in Wales feel that their opinions are taken seriously. This information was revealed as part of an ongoing survey conducted by Meic. Meic is the national information, advice and advocacy helpline for children and young people in Wales.
Young Wales News
The Cabinet Secretary for Local Government, Mark Drakeford AM, has released a consultation that proposes electoral reforms in local government, including lowering the voting age to 16.
The Children’s Commissioner for Wales, Sally Holland, has published a report on her investigation into listening to children and young people’s perspectives on bullying.
The Children, Young People and Education Committee at the National Assembly for Wales has published a consultation on the terms of reference for an inquiry into the review of the Together for Children and Young People programme.
The relevant provisions of the Wales Act 2017 on electoral and registration matters are due to come into force in 2018.The Welsh Government is consulting on:
- how democracy works in Wales
- how people become eligible to vote
- how they exercise their right to vote
- how elections are organised.
Estyn, the schools inspectorate in Wales, is doing some work looking at youth support services in Wales.
Are you aged 16-25 and living in the UK?
Do you want to represent the voice of young people on the challenges of moving from school to work?
Are you interested in making a difference to young people’s education?
If yes, help us shape a School-to-Work (S2W) programme for schools across the UK!
A new peer-led volunteer project for 16-24 year olds launches in Torfaen this week. Mind Matters, delivered by national charity, Volunteering Matters, will offer workshops on mental health and well-being issues, giving young people access to information and advice on how to seek support.
More Articles ...
- University taster experience for care-leavers through free residential summer school at Cardiff University
- Welsh Water have opened apprentice and graduate opportunities
- Early Diary Marker: Extending Entitlement Refresh Workshops for Young People
- Young Wales will be at the Urdd Eisteddfod from 29 May 2017 to 03 June 2017